Nice to meet you, I'm Jason.
Human-centered design and art-making is at the foundation of everything I do.
I’ve always strived for the idea of “more”—that there is always more to know about something, more context and more meaning under the surface. My search for meaning led me to Anthropology, the study of human stories, pre-history and cultural diversity through time and space.
It is this passion of mine to deeply understand the human story that has brought me around the world to Peru for a National Geographic Expedition, as well as to Greece for an archaeological excavation. Back home, I continue to work on multifaceted creative projects, from books to magazines, which help other individuals tell their own stories.
As a designer and media artist, my work draws from my commitment and passion for understanding people, communities, materiality and cultural contexts.
In my free time, I enjoy creating surrealist photography, as well as making music with anything from a trombone, tuba, guitar or even my computer.
If you'd like to work together or just say hi—please don't hesitate to contact me!
- MA candidate (Anthropology), University of Western Ontario
- BA Hons (Anthropology & Multimedia), McMaster University (2017)
- Emerge Media Awards Winner (2018, 2017)
- Adobe Design Achievement Awards Semifinalist (2017)
- British Design & Art Direction (D&AD) New Blood Pencil Winner (2016)
- British Design & Art Direction (D&AD) New Blood Academy (Class of 2016)
- National Geographic Student Expeditions Scholarship (Peru, 2013)
- Jostens Canada National Photo Contest — Grand Prize (2013)
- Science Mag (April 2018): photography published
- Adobe (June 2017): Adobe pros pick their favourite early bird semifinalists
- Creative Review (August 2016): New Blood Publication
- McMaster University Daily News (Sept 2016)